Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Companion of Diana



This drawing was done from a photograph provided on the blog Different Strokes From Different Folks, where artists are encouraged to paint or draw their own interpretations.

It was a lot of fun spending time just drawing, picking up a pencil, putting it to paper and just draw. It soothed my soul to return to what I know best. Drawing, for me, is usually pretty effortless... it just happens. Not the case this time. I've been known not to use an eraser but I sure did this time. Still, I'm happy with the result. And am pleased that by the end my session, the pencil felt at one in my hand. Plus I finish off several shows on my DVR that I've been meaning to watch. Win-win!!

5 comments:

  1. I think you did a fantastic job on this! I think she looks lovely in graphite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice piece for DSFDF I do enjoy graphite too.. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging comments! I appreciate you stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GREAT! I wish I could draw like that!

    ReplyDelete